This is sooooo good and easy. I’m a closet finicky eater so I like that I can alter this Tosca Reno recipe by taking out some of the veggies that I don’t like. (i.e. beets) You of course could add more vegetables to this dish.
“Oven roasting brings out the flavor of vegetables like no other cooking method. The best part of oven roasting is its ease. ”
– Tosca Reno
- 2 large spanish onions or sweet onions cut into chunks
- 4 large sweet carrots cut into chunks
- 2 peeled turnips cut into chunks
- ½ pound of brussell sprouts
- 6 small beets peeled
- 8-10 small potatoes (not idaho or russet bakers)
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon fresh marjoram
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooking spray
Preheat oven to 375. Peel all vegetables. Quarter potatoes. Toss all vegetables in oil, rosemary, minced garlic and marjoram. Arrange vegetables in a large roasting pan coated with cooking spray. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 35 minutes.
Uncover and turn the vegetables with a large spoon. Add salt and pepper and roast at 425 for another 20 – 30 minutes or until the potatoes and carrots are thoroughly cooked but the edges are not burned.
*You can learn more about my blubber battle here.